The draw for this year, 2014, has now been concluded.
If you were successful in the draw, you may pick up your license at the Heritage Gift Shop, in the Visitor Center at Salton’s Brook on Terra Nova National Park. Remember to bring your salmon license for this year, a unused class 2 red tag, and a piece of photo identification.
Heritage Foundation for Terra Nova National Park
Parks Canada is pleased to announce the recreational salmon fishery on the Northwest River within Terra Nova National Park will proceed this summer. There are one hundred and fifty (150) licenses to be issued for the season that spans from June 1st to July 15th, 2014. Only those eligible to hold a provincial salmon license may enter their name in the draw.
These licenses will be issued via a draw system using the pool of people whom have applied by Friday, May 16th, 2014 at 5:00 p.m., entries received after this will not be entered into the draw. To apply, please contact the Heritage Foundation for Terra Nova National Park, either by phone at (709) 533-3145 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The phone lines will be staffed Monday to Friday from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Voicemail will be used outside of these hours or if the phone line is in use.
We require that you provide your full name, mailing address, phone number, and an email address (if you have one).
- Licensed anglers are permitted to catch and retain one salmon per license
- Catch and release angling is not permitted for salmon greater than 30 cm and less than 63 cm
- Angling will only be permitted in the portion of Northwest River within the boundaries of Terra Nova National Park.
- Both barbed and barbless hooks are permitted
- The “Jigging Hole” will remain closed to angling in 2014
- The fishery may close at any time if water temperatures exceed 22 degrees Celsius for three consecutive days, water levels are deemed to be too low for salmon passage upstream, and/or concerns related to the long term sustainability of the salmon population arise
- Only those eligible to hold a provincial salmon license may enter their name in the draw (must have a provincial license to obtain if your name is selected)
- Contact Phone Number: (709) 533-3145
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Please provide a full name, mailing address, phone number, and email (if applicable)
- Staffed between 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday with voicemail outside of hours
- If applying by cell phone, please consider your connection as static or disconnections may cause communication issues, especially when leaving a voicemail message.
Terra Nova National Park:
Northwest River Conservation Group – Facebook Page:
Northwest River Conservation Group – Twitter Feed: